- Hien has been hiding at the Azim Steppe since the defeat of the Doman resistance. When approached about returning to lead the Domans, he agrees if his people wish to continue the fight, not wanting them to suffer the empire's wrath unwillingly. After being shown their desire to try once more to overthrow the imperial occupation, Hien agrees to return, though he first needs to gather an army, planning to create one from the many Xaela tribes that populate the Azim Steppe.
- Hien allies with the Mol Tribe, and agrees to lead them to victory in the upcoming Naadam, the ceremonial battle that determines the leadership of the Steppe. Along with the Warrior of Light, Gosetsu and Lyse, he meets with the leaders of several of the other Au Ra tribes and completes the trial at Bardam's Mettle before winning the Naadam for the Mol. Once the tribes unite under his leadership during the fight against the empire, Hien returns to Doma to prepare for the upcoming battle.
- He supports Alphinaud's plan to defeat the imperial occupation, but later modifies it to include the flooding of Doma Castle. Although destroying the castle would be a great loss to his country, doing so would mitigate casualties among his people, which he sees as far more important. The plan succeeds, and the Garlean forces are driven out. As the Scions of the Seventh Dawn prepare to return to Eorzea, Hien thanks them for helping liberate his country, and promises to return the favor by helping them in the upcoming battle to defeat the imperial forces at Ala Mhigo.
- Hien is true to his word and leads the Xaela tribes to provide crucial air support to the Eorzean Alliance at the final siege of Ala Mhigo, and he helps fight off imperial soldiers outside the throne room. Hien is present when Zenos yae Galvus is defeated and Ala Mhigo celebrates its long-desired freedom.
- Following Ala Mhigo and Doma's liberation from the Garlean Empire, Hien makes efforts to rebuild his homeland. Gosetsu is revealed to be alive and taking care of an amnesiac Yotsuyu goe Brutus, and though Hien understands that the world had been cruel to the woman, he believes it does not excuse her crimes against Doma. Gosetsu convinces him to spare Yotsuyu due to her having no knowledge of her sins. Hien is ultimately forced to reveal that Yotsuyu is alive to his people after she runs off to fetch a piece of fruit for Gosetsu. Though the people remain fearful of her and cry for her punishment, Hien restrains them and assures she will not be allowed to leave his den unescorted.
- Hien is visited by a Garlean transport with a Doma signal of negotiation and Hien and his friends meet Asahi sas Brutus and the members of the Popularas. Further surprising Hien and the Scions, Asahi comes with word from Emperor Varis that the empire is open to peace negotiations. Skeptical of their intentions, Hien nonetheless hears their story. The empire is willing to recognize Doma's newly gained freedom as a nation if they outlaw summoning and wish to conduct a prisoner exchange: conscripted Doman citizens for the acting viceroy Yotsuyu. Hien refrains from answering, wishing to confer with his advisers and friends.
- 飞燕被一艘带着谈判信号的加雷马飞空战舰拜访了，他和他的朋友们与朝阳以及帝国平民派[译注 1]的成员们会谈。大大出乎飞燕与拂晓一行人的意料，朝阳带来了皇帝瓦厉斯想要开启和谈的话语。尽管怀疑他们的企图，飞燕还是听完了他们的故事。帝国愿意承认多玛作为一个新生的自由国家如果他们能立法禁止蛮神召唤，并希望发起一项囚犯交换：用被征召走的的多玛平民来交换代理总督夜露。飞燕止住了答话，希望与他的朋友们协商一下意见。
- Asahi was merely acting on behalf of a "resurrected" Zenos, who conspires to undermine Varis's motion of peace with Doma. Asahi probes Yotsuyu into reverting to her sadistic self and gives her the means to summon a primal within herself, making her violate the terms of their negotiations of peace, threatening to spark new conflict with the empire and pin the blame on Doma. The Warrior of Light defeats the primal form of Yotsuyu and confronts Asahi who reveals everything during his rant, which his second-in-command, Maxima, overhears. Yotsuyu, with the last of her life, kills Asahi, finally achieving her vengeance.
- With the struggle over for now, Hien and the Scions meet with Maxima who, in Asahi's stead, completes the prisoner exchange, preserving the fragile peace. Wishing to learn more about the newly returned Zenos, Hien allows Alphinaud to travel with Maxima to Garlemald to conduct an investigation, however, they never hear back from him.
- Feeling responsible, Hien travels with the Scions in search for him. A clue and the last message from Alphinaud takes them to the wasteland of The Burn. They find the wreckage of Alphinaud's transport and the remains of their attackers, soldiers of the imperial family's personal guard. They conclude that someone in Garlemald ordered the attack.
- 觉得要负起责任，飞燕与拂晓一起去搜寻他。一个线索与阿尔菲诺的最后一条信息将他们带到了终末焦土[译注 2]的不毛之地。他们找到了阿尔菲诺运输艇的残骸，以及攻击他们的帝国私人卫队士兵留下的痕迹。他们推断帝国的某人下达了这次攻击的命令。
- Back in Doma, Hien meets with Lyse who serves as a representative of the Eorzean Alliance. She informs the Scions and Hien that the liberated Ala Mhigo has agreed to join the Alliance and calls for a meeting with Hien invited. Hien agrees but first takes priority to fortify his homeland's defenses in the wake of a possible Garlean invasion. Gathering friends and allies, Hien concludes that Doma cannot repel a full force invasion, as the country does not possess the resources and people necessary for such a defense. Realizing that no single nation can defeat the empire, Hien announces he intends to follow the example of his Eorzean friends by forging an alliance with Doma's eastern neighbors. Hien hopes that by reaching out to Hingashi, Sui-no-Sato and even to the conquered provinces of Dalmasca and Nagxia they can pressure the empire to avoid fighting on two separate fronts. Though Hien knows not all will answer the call, he is confidant that Doma's neighbors all harbor the same desire for freedom, and if made aware of what is at stake, they may agree to an alliance.
- 返回多玛后，飞燕与作为艾欧泽亚同盟军代表的莉瑟进行了谈话。她提示拂晓与飞燕，解放后的阿拉米格已经同意加入同盟，并邀请飞燕参加一场会谈。飞燕同意了，但是随着帝国入侵的可能正在复苏，他得把巩固祖国的防御放在首位。意识到没有任何一个国家能仅凭自己击败帝国，飞燕宣布他计划仿照他艾欧泽亚朋友们的样例，与多玛东方的邻居们建立一个联盟。飞燕希望这个联盟的范围能扩展到远东之国、翠水乡[译注 3]甚至到达被征服的达尔马斯卡和纳夏，这样他们就能给足帝国压力，使其避免双线作战。尽管飞燕知道不是所有人都将响应这次的号召，但他相信多玛的邻居们都对自由怀有相同的渴望。如果能了解到形势已危如累卵，他们也许会同意结盟。
- Later Hien returns to The Burn where a barrier is raised and almost at the same time an imperial airship lands in the place, inside it was Gaius van Baelsar, now calling himself "Shadowhunter", he returns an Alphinaud unconscious for the care of the Scions and warns about the new weapon of the empire; the Black Rose.
- 之后，飞燕返回终末焦土在那里建立起一处屏障。几乎就在同一时间，一艘帝国飞船也在那里登陆了，里面是盖乌斯，现在称自己为“暗影猎人”，他将拂晓众人心系的处于昏迷中的阿尔菲诺带回来了，并警告他们关于帝国新型武器“黑玫瑰”[译注 4]的事。
- As Garlemeid initiates a heavy attack, Hien as representative of Doma, now in the alliance against the Empire, participates alongside other representatives of the alliance in an audience with the Emperor Varis zos Galvus, after the negotiations there was no agreement Garlemaid continues his attack. When the battle begins Hien and Yugiri enter the battlefield with the Warrior of Light. During the second wave of the Garlean attack, Hien, Yugiri and Lyse face Elidibus, who are using Zenos's body, but are defeated by being surprised with Elidibus being able to use magic in a Garlean body, only to the Warrior of Light arrives to continue the battle in its place.
- 帝国平民派：the Popularas
- 终末焦土：The Burn
- 黑玫瑰： the Black Rose，一种致命毒气