- At a glance, the Ananta's upper body appears similar to that of a Hyuran female, but closer inspection reveals that the "hair" upon her head is in fact a cowl of strands formed from rigid scales. Her most distinctive feature, of course, is a serpent -like lower body- a sinuous appendage which propels her along the ground with an undulating motion. An Ananta molts at regular intervals, constantly renewing the glossy sheen of her scaled skin.
- The Ananta tribe has traditionally followed the rule of a broodmother who inherited her position through familial succession -a bloodline that legend says can be traced back to the very first Ananta brought into being by the Lady of Bliss. Since the Empire conquered the region, however, the tribe has splintered over differences in ideology, and the Qalyana broodmother's unifying presence has begun to weaken.
- possessed of a unique sense of beauty, the Ananta favor a symbol based upon their own shimmering scales to represent their tribe. The crest of the Vira, however, is a variation of the design used by their kin, the Qalyana, and employs an inverse color scheme.
- 阿难陀族有一种特殊的审美，她们偏好用自己闪闪发光的鳞片来作为代表部族的象征。然而，毗罗派[译注 1]的头饰与她们的近亲伽黎亚派[译注 2]在设计上有所不同，两者采用了相反的配色。
- The Ananta are hunter-gatherers, and subsist primarily on the flesh of the prey they bring down. This reliance on meat is in large part due to the stark landscape of Gyr Abania, and the scarcity of wild fruits and other vegetation. They are, however, fond of certain species of fungi, and have been known to use mushroom for added flavor in their cooking.
- Unlike the forgecraft of other races, where minerals are refined with fire, the Ananta employ spells to extract metal directly from the ore. The meterials thus obtained are then shaped with the caress of magic rather than the blow of hammer, resulting in pieces which shimmer with a preternatural gleam. Those especially practiced in the art can manufacture adornments of incredibly delicate and organic design with a swiftness that would be all but impossible using conventional crafting methods. Until recently, the market for those goods has been limite to neighbors such as the M tribe, but with the reopening of trade routes, entrepreneurs expect demand for the jewekry to sweep across Eorzea.
- 与其他种族使用火提炼矿物的锻造工艺不同，阿难陀族使用法术直接从矿石中提取金属。这些材料是在魔法的爱抚而不是锤子的敲打下成形的，其材质因此会闪耀出异样的光芒。那些特别精于此道的人制造出的装饰品，往往有机设计[译注 3]、快速还带有令人难以置信的精巧，使用传统的工艺几乎不可能达到这种效果。直到最近，市场对于这些货物的需求还仅限于相邻地区，比如梅氏部族，但是随着贸易路线的重新开放，企业家们预计对于这些珠宝的需求将横扫整个艾欧泽亚。
- The Ananta are also known for weaving bolts of exquisite cloth, but have proven unwilling to divulge the secret of their craft. Both the Weavers' and Alchemists' guilds of Ul'dah have examined the cloth in an attempt to divine the method of its creation, but have succeeded only in deducing that some manner of enchantment accompanied the spinning of the thread.
- The Ananta are proficient in metal-shaping, spellcraft, and use their magicks to construct ovoid dwellings from the ore they draw forth from the ground. Djanan Qhat, the Qalyana broodmother's fortress, is a prime example of this unique form of architecture. Ensconced within their territory, the Qalyana isolate themselves from other civilization in a bid to preserve their traditional way of life.
- 阿难陀族精通金属塑形与施法，并使用她们的法术来建造卵状建筑，建筑材料来自她们从地下采掘出的矿石。伽黎亚派主母的城堡天母寝宫[译注 4]，便是这种独特构造的建筑的最好范例。为了保护她们传统生活方式，伽黎亚派安居在自己的领土内，与其他的文明隔绝开来。
- Conversely, the Vira faction of the Ananta elected to leave their ancestral stronghold and found the small settlement of Vira Nilya to the southwest. Unified under the guidance of Sarisha, the Vira have contributed soldiers to the Ala Mhigan Resistance, and actively sought interaction with outsiders. They are also known to have formed a beneficial relationship with the nearby M tribe, and regularly barter goods with the Miqo'te.
- 与之相反的是，阿难陀族中的毗罗派选择离开祖先的住地，并在西南方建立了小型定居点勇巢[译注 5]。毗罗派在萨利夏[译注 6]的领导下团结一心，为阿拉米格解放军贡献兵源，并与外界积极沟通。她们也与附近的梅氏部族[译注 7]建立了友善的关系，与这些猫魅族定期进行以物易物的交易。
- Regardless of faction, all Ananta decorate their bodies with spell-shaped metallic jewelry featuring embedded crystals. These crystalline pieces are worn to honor Lakshmi's demands for beauty, and are valued as a reflection of the wearer's soul.
- Ananta lay eggs without the need for a mate, and whilst the bonds between mother and daughter are strong, they have but a tenuous concept of family. For those serpentine women there is only the "Ananta" and "everyone else" -they do not see the necessity for a family name to distinguish themselves from their own kin. The names of individuals come from their own language, and are often based upon Ananta terms for things of beauty.
- 毗罗派：the Vira
- 伽黎亚派：the Qalyana
- 天母寝宫：Djanan Qhat
- 勇巢：Vira Nilya
- 梅氏部族：M tribe，位于边区的对等石传送点附近，解放军的代表人物梅·娜格便出身于此