- 芝诺斯·耶·加尔乌斯（ゼノス・イェー・ガルヴァス Zenos yae Galvus）是加雷马帝国第十二军的军团长，也是皇帝瓦利斯·佐斯·加尔瓦斯的儿子，自盖乌斯·范·巴埃萨在天幕魔导城一役失踪后，芝诺斯负责担任阿拉米格和多玛的总督。
- 芝诺斯性格傲慢，自私且充满欲望。 芝诺斯被誉为下一位继承帝国王位的皇子，他习惯于无视人命的重要性，草菅人命的程度到了乃至自己的属下都随意杀戮的地步。 作为皇太子以及阿拉米格和多玛的军事总督，芝诺斯对他治理各省的工作态度极为轻浮，似乎从未放在心上过。
- 由于芝诺斯从未在长期的战斗中找到过能和自己匹敌的对手，他习惯于不把被自己征服的对象当人看，而是将其作为猎物进行砍杀，芝诺斯将这种杀戮产生的快感视为人生的最高追求。 芝诺斯喜欢在战争中收集打刀。 阿尔菲诺·莱韦耶勒尔曾经坦言认为言芝诺斯是一位无与伦比的战士，其能够轻易平定多玛地区的起义行动就是最好的证明。芝诺斯最讨厌的是在战斗中没能给他带来足够乐趣的弱小之人。
- 虽然泽诺斯习惯于蔑视自己的敌人和盟友，但他并不否认他的属下和盟友的价值，会在斟酌后善加利用，包括夜露对自己国家的憎恨产生的驱动力，奥卢斯·玛尔·亚希纳的科学理论所提供的人造超越之力，芙朵拉为了阿拉米格所作出的“努力”，以及朝阳对他的狂热崇拜等等。 尽管如此，虽然这些部下中的大部分都是忠诚于芝诺斯的，但他们仍然只是芝诺斯的牺牲品和弃子罢了。
- As a child raised by an unloving father, Zenos was trained by imperial swordsman in the way of the blade. During Gaius van Baelsar's time as imperial viceroy of Ala Mhigo, Zenos oversaw the subjugation of Doma. Zenos became its regent after using his stratagems to place the Doman Liberation Front in corner while personally killing its strongest member, developing an interest in foreign blades.
- After Gaius's demise at the Praetorium, Zenos was named viceroy of Ala Mhigo and named his spy Yotsuyu as Doma's acting viceroy so that her hatred towards her own people can break them. Zenos learned of the Echo from Gaius's reports, developing an interest while recruiting Aulus mal Asina whose theories of a means for Garleans to use magick like the other races intrigued him. He is mentioned during the events of "Soul Surrender" during the (decoy) Griffin's speech to Ala Mhigan refugees at the Sunken Temple of Qarn. The firebrand describes him as "a beast not a fraction as merciful" as Gaius.
- Zenos appears briefly at the conclusion of the Heavensward story in "The Far Edge of Fate". A footsoldier approaches the viceroy on his throne in Ala Mhigo, informing that Baelsar's Wall has fallen to the Eorzean Alliance, and asks whether they should divert some men to repairing the damage from the battle between Shinryu and Omega. The soldier retreats in fear when Zenos fails to reply. Zenos comments to himself on his spy's reports about the Domans referring to the eikon as Shinryu, and that things are about to get "most interesting".
- Zenos learns of Grynewaht's failure to losing a new series of Magitek automatons in an ambush orchestrated by Raubahn Aldynn and the Ala Mhigan Resistance. Zenos requests Grynewaht's removal from his legion for incompetent cowardice while executing Grynewaht's commanding officer for his incompetence. He listens to the plan Fordola rem Lupis formulated to bypass the barriers concealing Rhalgr's Reach and slaughter the rebels. Zenos oversees the attack, overpowering Lyse Hext, mortally wounding Y'shtola Rhul, and defeating the Warrior of Light with ease. Losing one of his swords while defeating the Warrior, Zenos leaves disappointed in his opponent as the Alliance arrives to aid the rebels.
- When word reaches Zenos of the Confederacy's attack on Isari, he travels to Doma Castle and receives the Kojin sword Ame-no-Habakiri, which Yotsuyu took from the Red Kojin she had killed for abandoning their posts when they were needed on Isari. Zenos uses the blade to overpower the Warrior of Light and Yugiri Mistwalker when they attempt to assassinate him. Zenos discards his helmet upon finding it damaged by the Warrior. Sparing the Warrior in hopes of more pleasurable fight, Zenos takes his leave after the amassed Namai villages, Alisaie Leveilleur, and Gosetsu Everfall stop him from killing Yugiri. Threatening Yotsuyu to not fail him again in subduing the rebels, Zenos returns to Ala Mhigo where he acquires Shinryu to ready himself for another battle with the Warrior of Light.
- When news reaches Zenos of Doma's liberation, Zemus kills the messenger while musing over his next fight with the Warrior of Light. Fordola arrives with Krile Mayer Baldesion as captive and Zenos awards her with one of his men's gunblades and sends her to Aulus. Following her loss of Castellum Velodyna (and unintentionally causing the summoning of the Ananta Primal Lakshmi), expecting to be executed for her failure, Zenos instead spares Fordola when she admits she desires to grow stronger, and instead has Aulus turn her into a Resonant.
- When the Scions of the Seventh Dawn storm Castrum Abania, Fordolda delivers Zenos's message for them to come to Ala Mhigo Castle for the "royal hunt" he readied for them. When the alliance storms Ala Mhigo Castle and the Warrior of Light reaches the Hall of the Griffin, Zenos engages the hero. Excited that the Warrior has met his expectations, Zenos takes the fight to the Royal Menagerie where he frees Shinryu and uses his Resonant powers to take control of the primal by merging onto its chest. After an epic battle in the sky, Shinryu is defeated and Zenos crashes into the menagerie. Expressing joy over his defeat and of fulfilling the role he was raised to play, Zenos uses Ame no Habaki to slit his throat
- Zenos sits on the edge of a bed in Garlean territory. It is not explained how he has been revived.
- Zenos appears in an Echo vision in Asahi's past where he orders Yotsuyu's primal summoning and furnishes him with the crystals and the artifact for it to happen, attempting to undermine Varis's arrangement for a joint effort against the primals, believing that alliances would not bear fruit. When the Warrior of Light shares this knowledge to their allies, a prying Maxima overhears and reveals he had no knowledge of Zenos's plan, guessing that a doppelganger may have been planted within their ranks. Alphinaud speculates that an Ascian may be involved. Zenos was scolded by Varis for his part in this, but Zenos assured everything that happened was as intended to preserve the fate of the world. The Scions investigate further on the matter by checking Zenos's grave, only to discover his corpse is missing, an Elezen bearing a katana in Resistance clothing watching from afar. The Elezen takes a magitek vehicle and flies off, stating that "the hunt is not over". It is later revealed that Elidibus himself had taken over Zenos' body, using his face and the power associated with it to take the Populares out of commission and prevent them from dispelling the rumors of the treaty breach. Because of Varis' hesitation, he was unresponsive to his "son", though he warns he should act swiftly before leaving.