- 全名为：桑克瑞德.沃塔斯 （サンクレッド.ウォータース Thancred Waters）
- Thancred appeared alongside Yda, Papalymo, and Y'shtola when the four attempted to defeat Gaius van Baelsar. He prayed at the Milvaneth Sacrarium as the Calamity struck. Though not shown, in Tales from the Calamity he had persuaded the Sultana Nanamo Ul Namo to do a similar vigil at the Arrzaneth Ossuary.
- 玩家在17级主线任务 中将会和桑克瑞德携手一起解决蜥蜴人蛮族的问题。
- Thancred is met in Ul'dah after an altercation with some thugs led by Ungust harassing a refugee woman in the streets. Realizing the Warrior of Light had used the Echo to clear her name, he offers an invitation to meet the Antecedent in the Waking Sands with the password "Wild Rose" to be given to the clerk Tataru. The Warrior of Light meets Minfilia there, who introduces the other Scions of the Seventh Dawn and assigns the Warrior to assist Thancred in discovering who is responsible for missing refugees in Camp Drybone.
- They discover it was Ungust posing as a priest of Nald'thal to lure the poor into being captured by Amalj'aa. The Warrior of Light is caught in a trap and taken to the Bowl of Embers along with Ungust and a corrupt Brass Blades member. After the Warrior of Light slays the Lord of the Inferno itself in self-defense, Thancred arrives with a detachment of the Immortal Flames and regrets he could not help sooner. He confides that the other survivors had to be put down due to Ifrit's tempering. He gradually appears less often at the Waking Sands as he works on other assignments.
- Much later, it's discovered that Thancred was possessed by Lahabrea via a black crystal necklace while he was investigating the Ascians. Using his body, Lahabrea secretly aided both the beastmen and Gaius Van Baelsar to bring about the return of "the one true god." He unmasks at Castrum Centri as the Scions escape on Cid's airship. They realize this was how Livia sas Junius was able to raid the Waking Sands, and conclude Thancred became possessed due to pushing himself so hard to make up for Louisoix's absence.
- During the final confrontation with the Ultima Weapon, Lahabrea explains to Gaius that the light of the mothercrystal is shielding the party from the superweapon's assault. He reveals the real reason he had it absorb the primals: to activate the Heart of Sabik and awaken a sliver of his god's power, Ultima. To Gaius's horror, Lahabrea demonstrates its power by using it to destroy much of the Praetorium and exhaust all of Hydaelyn's strength to shield the party. They yet defeat Gaius and Lahabrea confronts the Warrior of Light directly. Though he taunts that they would have kill Thancred to fight him off, the Warrior of Light has a trump card: the Light of the Crystals they had found enables them to purge Lahabrea from Thancred's body. As the ruined Imperial base crumbles, the Warrior of Light escapes with an unconscious Thancred using a Magitek Reaper.
- During the events of "Through the Maelstrom," Thancred accompanies the Warrior of Light and Y'shtola in investigating reports of stolen crystal shipments in Thanalan. After ruling out the Amalj'aas' involvement, they learn the raids were carried out by the Serpent Reavers on behalf of the Sahagin who are intending to summon Leviathan. As the Scions investigate Sapsa Spawning Grounds, Thancred demonstrates his knife-wielding skills, and to his astonishment, the newcomer Yugiri demonstrates similar talents from her homeland. After Leviathan is felled at sea, Minfilia reveals (to Thancred's embarrassment) that his knife skills were learned in his days with the Limsa Lominsan underground. Intrigued, Yugiri wants to be introduced to this "Fraternity" and share her knowledge.
- Later in the "Before the Fall" storyline, when the Scions are betrayed by the Crystal Braves and framed for the apparent assassination of Nanamo Ul Namo, Thancred is confronted by a squad of Brass Blades who want to arrest him for colluding with the Garleans. Initially believing them to be referring to his actions while under Lahabrea's control, he evades capture and meets up with the other Scions, who are currently fleeing Ul'dah. He reveals a hidden tunnel that leads out of the city, but their pursuers follow. Y'shtola and Thancred remain behind to ensure that the Warrior of Light and Minfilia escape by causing a cave in. At the last second, Y'shtola uses the ancient spell Flow to transport herself and Thancred to safety. However, while Y'shtola is trapped within the Lifestream, Thancred ends up in the wilderness of the Dravanian Forelands.
- In "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness," Thancred fashions obsidian blades to hunt and wear animal skins to cover his naked body. He finds the Vath and barters food with them for more ideal clothing. When Thancred learns of the Gnath and Ravana, he realizes his best chance of finding the other Scions is by staying near the beastmen tribe. Thancred later encounters the Warrior of Light, Alphinaud, Y'shtola, and Krile while they are looking for him in the Smoldering Wastes at Loth ast Gnath, saving the Warrior of Light from the leader of the Warriors of Darkness. Later, he assists in the investigation of the arson incidents in Ishgard.
- Y'shtola confides to the Warrior of Light that she suspects the reason Thancred did not attempt to teleport out of Dravania was due to a side-effect of the Lifestream distorting his aether to the point of being unable to use any form of magick, including teleportation.
- In "The Gears of Change", Thancred learns of Minfilia's fate as the Word of the Mother and the Scions promise to fulfill her wishes and defeat the Ascians once and for all. After the Scions discuss what happened to Minfilia with Matoya, a bereaved Thancred walks away while at a loss for words.
- In "Soul Surrender", Thancred rescues Alisaie Leveilleur after her run in with the Warriors of Darkness, having been keeping an eye on them. Thancred fights alongside the other Scions against the Warriors of Darkness at the Bowl of Embers.
- In "The Far Edge of Fate", Thancred arrives with Hilda on an airship to pick up the Scions on top of Baelsar's Wall just as Ilberd Feare sets into motion his plan to summoning a primal using the Eyes of Nidhogg and the sacrifice of himself and his soldiers. Soon realizing what Papalymo intends to do, Thancred carries Yda over his shoulder back to the airship despite her protests. The airship gets away just as a shell of light engulfs the manifesting primal.