- Grynewaht pyr Arvina is a minor antagonist in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward. He is the scout sent to Eorzea by the Garlean Empire.
- 格林瓦特（グリーンワート Grynewaht pyr Arvina）是于苍穹之禁城版本登场的一个次要反派角色。他是帝国派往艾欧泽亚的侦察兵。
- A native of a province in the mountains of Central Ilsabard, Grynewaht enlisted in the imperial army in order to earn citizenship. Initially assigned the defense of Ala Mhigo as part of the XIVth, he saw little actual combat and spent his days in idle tedium. After the Black Wolf was defeated, however, the remnants of his legion was absorbed into the forces of the succeeding XIIth, and the brawny Roegadyn was sent to investigate ancient ruins in the Carteneau Flats at the head of an expendable unit. An artless brute with a mind only for destruction, Grynewaht is ill suited to tasks requiring any degree of delicacy. At twenty summers, he harbors grand aspirations for promotion, but also lives for the simple things in life, such as tucking into "something tasty" after a hard day's havoc-wreaking.
- 格林瓦特出生于伊尔巴萨德中部的山区省份，他为了获得公民身份而加入了帝国军。起初他被分配到第十四军团负责阿拉米格的防卫任务，他几乎没遭遇过什么真正的战斗，过着悠闲却单调的生活。然而，当漆黑的王狼[译注 1]被击败后，他残余的军团被吸收到了继任的第十二军团中，这个强壮的鲁加族作为一支敢死队的首领被送到加尔提诺平原去调查古代遗迹。作为一头只会破坏、头脑简单的蛮兽，格林瓦特对于这种精细活儿非常不称职。在他人生度过的20个夏天中，他既怀有晋升的雄心壮志，也为一些简单地事情而活着，比如在一天辛苦的破坏发泄后，找些可口的东西大吃一顿。
- Grynewaht is sent by the Garlean Empire to the Carteneau Flats as a scout. As the Warrior of Light arrives in a bid to reactivate Omega, they are intercepted by Grynewaht, who engages in a furious battle to capture them and their allies. Thanks to the assistance of Nero he is defeated, and he flees upon realizing that his forces have been routed.
- Grynewaht returns as an imperial officer stationed in Gyr Abania. He leads the field test of a new series of magitek automatons, which is interrupted by an ambush orchestrated by Raubahn Aldynn and the Warrior of Light. Recognizing his old nemesis from Carteneau, Grynewaht deploys the experimental technology against them, only to find himself defeated and having to flee. His incompetence and cowardice earn him a demotion from Zenos yae Galvus, and he is sent to serve as the bodyguard and muscle of the acting viceroy of Doma, Yotsuyu.
- Grynewaht accompanies Yotsuyu to the fishing village of Isari on a mission of terror. They happen upon Gosetsu Everfall who lets himself be captured to forestall the execution of the Isari villagers and give the Warrior of Light and their allies time to formulate a counterattack. Grynewaht enjoys pummeling Gosetsu, though ends up frustrated by the samurai's refusal to reveal the location of Hien. He is forced to flee along with Yotsuyu when the forces of the Confederacy—rallied by the Warrior of Light—drive the imperials out of Isari.
- 格林瓦特陪同夜露去渔村[译注 2]执行肃清任务。他们遇到了豪雪，豪雪为了让村民们免受处决，选择让自己被俘获，这也给了光之战士与其盟友策划反击的时间。格林瓦特喜欢连续捶打豪雪，最终却因为这名武士拒绝透露飞燕的位置而受挫。当海贼众[译注 3]在光之战士的集结下将帝国军赶走时，他与夜露被迫逃离这里。
- Following the failed assassination attempt on Zenos by Yugiri Mistwalker and the Warrior of Light, slapped by Yotsuyu when he attempts to help her up following being thrown to the ground by Zenos, Grynewaht learns the Warrior is in Doma. He delights of receiving orders to kill the Warrior's group and pursues his quarry the Azim Steppe with a platoon and magitek automatons. He arrives a moment too late: the Warrior of Light, having won the title of khagan, is backed by the united might of the steppe's Xaela tribes, and Grynewaht is defeated and forced to flee.
- Motivated by his desire to become strong enough to have his revenge, Grynewaht is subjected to an unspecified "procedure" at the behest of Yotsuyu. Grynewaht turns into a magitek cyborg monster, serving as Yotsuyu's last line of defense during the Liberation Front's attack on Doma Castle. Grynewaht engages the Warrior of Light in a suicidal frenzy before being defeated.
- Grynewaht is a name from the Roegadyn language combined from the words gryne, meaning "green", and waht, meaning "guard". His surname of Arvina is Latin for "fat," and is a popular choice of surname for Roegadyns with Garlean citizenship, and is shared with Rhitahtyn sas Arvina, who has no relation to Grynewaht.
- “格林瓦特”在鲁加族的语言中由“绿色”和“守卫”2个词组合而成。他的姓氏阿维纳[译注 4]在拉丁语中是“肥胖”的意思，这个姓氏在帝国的鲁加族中是非常常见的选择，这与第十四军团的前任长官里塔提恩·萨斯·阿维纳共享了姓氏，然而两者之间并没有联系。
- 漆黑的王狼：the Black Wolf，盖乌斯的称号
- 海贼众：the Confederacy