- 奈尔·范·达纳斯（ネール・ヴァン・ダーナス Nael van Darnus）是加雷马帝国第七军的军团长，奉第一任皇帝索鲁斯·佐斯·加尔乌斯之命率领帝国军入侵艾欧泽亚，在过程中被蛮神巴哈姆特精炼，一手策划了第七灵灾，人称“白银的凶鸟”。
- 奈尔被每个人都当做是男人，她对自己的部下也是冷酷无情的，部分原因是她因为哥哥的死堕入癫狂，以致深深地被人们忌惮着。她认为所有的信仰都是异教徒的理想，她只对小月亮“卫月”表现出热心，认为帝国对艾欧泽亚的进攻是为了净化世界而进行的神圣干预。 奈尔认为自己是世界的救赎，从虚无中看到了潜在的光明。
- 欧拉[暂]·达纳斯出生在加雷马，她是豪斯[暂]·达纳斯的长女，也是她家族有关亚拉戈帝国的秘密的继承人。因为她祖辈中的女性大多都是外科医生，所以小时候欧拉[暂]梦想着成为一名外科医生。 她跟随着她的哥哥奈尔进入了帝国军队，但是当哥哥奈尔执行父亲下达的一个错误命令，带着致命的伤回到家中时，她的梦想破灭了。 身为外科医生的欧拉[暂]却无法拯救她的哥哥，由此陷入深深的哀伤。她暗杀了导致哥哥死亡的“罪魁祸首”——她的父亲，并且使他看起来像是死于疾病。
- 欧拉[暂]接续了了她已故哥哥的名字和命运，并在父亲死后迅速掌权，成为第七军团的军团长。 “奈尔”上任后做的第一件事就是公开处死父亲的军官和警卫。 欧拉[暂]的转变如此完全，以至于她相信自己是真正的奈尔。至此有关奈尔谋杀了父亲谣言开始传遍加雷马。 虽然大多数加雷马领导人都因为道德原因谴责这种行为，而皇帝索鲁斯·佐斯·加尔乌斯却更看重奈尔能摧毁一切阻碍达到目标的能力。
- 在1.0游戏开始的十年前，奈尔开始调查亚拉戈的知识，以解决征服敌国的问题。 在修复了一件父亲豪斯·达纳斯保存的古亚拉戈机械后，奈尔发现它能够与卫月相互作用。 奈尔希望帝国研究这个卫月交互器来重现被遗忘的魔法“陨石”。 皇帝批准了"陨石"项目，在近东部的博兹雅堡垒研究这个装置，并在这里首次尝试召唤卫月。 然而在第一次沟通尝试后，从卫月降下的白光抹除了这座城市及其居民。奈尔在远方目睹了这一切，这次的意外进一步破坏了她已经破碎的理智。
- 在博兹雅被摧毁之后，奈尔试图向皇帝解释该事件虽然是一个挫折，但也是该项目的一个重大突破，并且卫月的坠落是可以控制的，因此它不会对帝国造成威胁。 然而，皇帝取消了陨石计划并将范·达纳斯的第七军团调遣至东部战区驻扎。
- 第六星历1572年，在帝国于银泪湖空战中失败之后，奈尔·范·达纳斯——白银的凶鸟从东部战区返回，并且声称已经找到了控制卫月坠落的方法。奈尔想要在艾欧泽亚上空召唤卫月，以便从大规模蛮神召唤中净化它。 虽然帝国中的许多人都不看好这个项目，但是皇帝重启了这个计划，然而皇帝并不知道奈尔这个唯一一个了解卫月将给世界带来什么的人，对于卫月的真实计划。
- Soon after the construction of the imperial fortress Castrum Novum the lunar transmitter needed to call Dalamud upon Eorzea is placed inside it and activated. Due to the efforts of the Grand Companies of Eorzea and several adventurers, the device was destroyed. Filled with rage, Nael defeated the group and was engulfed in crimson light, the power of Dalamud itself, and claimed to not need the lunar transmitter anymore. Nael continued her attack, leaving the adventurer group wounded before walking away through the flames, saying she still has the means to purify Eorzea with the powers of Dalamud.
- The Grand Companies tracked down Nael's location on Rivenroad, a floating ruins from Ancient Allag near Camp Glory. An attack group was sent where Nael was using the floating island as an altar. Before the party arrived Rivenroad on the Enterprise, Nael sent fiery rocks raining from Dalamud to the countryside.
- Hoping to annihilate the adventurers as sacrificial offerings for Dalamud, Nael confronted them. After a fierce battle Nael was defeated and bathed in Dalamud's light for more power, losing what was left of her mind and becoming a being of pure hatred and destruction. Even owning Dalamud's power, Nael was defeated and, as her last gesture in life, she manifested her devotion to the red moon before her body became pure aetherial energy and disappeared into wisps of light, leaving her gunhalberd Bradamante behind.
- After her death Nael's shadow haunted the adventurers, appearing in their nightmares, in which she killed both Garlean and Eorzean soldiers, including the Circle of Knowing and the leaders of the Eorzean Alliance before killing the adventurer him/herself. The efforts of the adventurers who defeated Darnus were in vain as Dalamud continued its descend until primal Bahamut broke free from the inside at the Battle of Carteneau, unleashing over Eorzea the wide-spread destruction known as the Seventh Calamity.
- Nael deus Darnus was resurrected when the nearly destroyed Bahamut took her essence and recreated her to serve him as a guardian within the Binding Coil. Five years after the Calamity, Darnus's gunhalberd Bradamante was found by Gilgamesh, but it was stolen by what Gilgamesh described as "a demon bird", referring to Nael. Gilgamesh found a fake copy while Nael returned to the Binding Coil of Bahamut with her Bradamante.
- During the adventurer's assistance in Alisaie's investigation in the first part of the Binding Coil of Bahamut, they witness Darnus alongside the late Archon Louisoix observing the head of Bahamut together, but the White Raven's figure seems to go unnoticed by Alisaie.
- When the adventurer and Alisaie arrive in the Outer Coil, they encounter Nael waiting behind the entrance gate. Nael reveals the "original" Nael van Darnus perished on Rivenroad upon the eve of the Calamity, and that her body is but a shell Bahamut put his influence into, naming her Nael deus Darnus. Nael warns the party that should they venture deeper in the Second Coil they will have to answer to her. Nael jumps off the ledge of the entrance and disappears into the depths of the dungeon.
- Upon arriving to the Holocharts, Alisaie and the adventurer are surprised to see Dalamud in the sky and find themselves at Rivenroad's floating island where deus Darnus awaits them. Telling them that their presence is an insult to her original self's resting place, deus Darnus threatens to kill them. Alisaie knocks the Legatus's helmet off with a ruin spell, revealing Nael's face as a white-haired woman bearing the Garlemald birthmark, showing that Bahamut based Nael on her original appearance as Eula when recreating her. Deus Darnus reveals the events which led to her resurrection, being an artificial being created by Bahamut with elements from her memory taken from what remained of the "original" Nael. In maddened glee, deus Darnus transforms into a wyrm-like monster and summons Bradamante to fight the adventurer.
- Following her defeat, Nael regains her will though her affected sanity makes her confused and not recognize her own body. Alisaie believes that said female body is a manifestation of "his" memories from someone from the past. After seeing she was enslaved by Bahamut, Nael curses her weakness for succumbing to the very power she had been trying to purge from the world, but she makes clear that Project Meteor had been solely her idea. Once Alisaie introduces herself as Louisoix's granddaughter, much to her surprise, Eula warns her to steel herself if she wants to learn the truth that awaits her, and not crumble under the weight of her despair as Nael did as a child. Louisoix slays Nael with a spear of light to silence her. In her final moments Nael sees an image of Dalamud, the symbol of the plan that ultimately cost her her life, but still marvels at its beauty.
- During the events of patch 2.3 Defenders of Eorzea, it is revealed that ancient Allag's most destructive weapon, Omega, was buried below the Carteneau Flats. Raubahn Aldynn speculates the reason Nael van Darnus chose that place to bring Dalamud down five years ago was to ensure the destruction of the only weapon which could have stopped her.