- Ilberd Feare, also known as Ilberd the Dullblade and the Griffin. As Marshal of the Crystal Braves, he is introduced as the new right-hand man of Alphinaud Leveilleur and is an old friend of Flame General Raubahn Aldynn.
- 伊尔伯德（イルベルド Ilberd Feare）也被称作“钝剑伊尔伯德”以及“铁面公卿（狮鹫）”。身为水晶义勇队的队长，他作为新人被介绍给阿尔菲诺·莱韦耶勒尔作为得力助手。他也是恒辉队总帅劳班·阿尔丁的旧友。
- A sellsword from the fallen Ala Mhigo who lost his family to the Calamity, Ilberd is a former friend of Raubhan's who became Grand Marshal of Alphinaud Leveilleur's Crystal Braves, a new independent Grand Company answerable only to Minfilia Warde and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. Ilberd is tasked with rooting out the Garlean spy known as "the Ivy," believed to be a high-ranking member of the Immortal Flames. They trace one of the Ivy's agents to Coerthas, who is caught red-handed dealing with the Harriers working for Lady Iceheart. Through interrogation by both the Crystal Braves and Ishgard's Temple Knights, the Ivy's web of intrigue is unraveled.
- The traitor is Raubahn's own Grand Marshal, Eline Roaille. She is captured by Ilberd with the aid of the Warrior of Light and Yugiri Mistwalker as she is meeting with her contact in the East Shroud. While Lady Iceheart is dealt with, Eline escapes custody and flees to Northern Thanalan. Ilberd corners her outside Castrum Meridanum and recaptures her. In Ul'dah, Ilberd and Alphinaud meet with Raubahn to discuss the Ivy's web. She had also been working for the Monetarists in addition to Garlemald, and perhaps even other unknown parties as given by the deals with the Harriers.
- Ilberd secretly loathes Raubahn for "abandoning" Ala Mhigo and is on the pay roll of Lolorito like most of the Crystal Braves since their interception, with the promise of the restoration of his homeland in return of helping the Lalafell in his bid for power. Ilberd reveals his true nature during the supposed assassination of Nanamo Ul Namo, having his men capture Alphinaud while he drags the Warrior of Light into the dining hall when Teledji Adeledji accuses the hero and the Scions of regicide. After Raubahn kills off Teledji, Ilberd chops off the former's left arm when he attempts to cut down Lolorito. Admitting his disdain towards Raubahn, Ilberd provokes his former friend by claiming to be the sultana's killer. This leads to a fight between the former friends that ends with Raubahn defeated and imprisoned.
- 伊尔伯德暗地里由于劳班“抛弃了”阿拉米格而厌恶他，并和水晶义勇队的大多数成员为罗罗力特效力，在这个拉拉菲尔人承诺以他个人的权利帮助恢复伊尔伯德的故乡作为回报后。伊尔伯德在暗杀娜娜莫·乌尔·娜莫的过程中逐渐暴露他的本性。在泰勒吉·阿代勒吉指控英雄与贤人们犯有弑君罪名时，伊尔伯德自己将光之战士拖入餐厅并让他的人抓捕阿尔菲诺。 在劳班斩掉泰勒吉后，伊尔伯德砍断了前者的左臂在他试图砍倒罗罗力特时。他对劳班表达了自己的蔑视，而当他宣称劳班是杀死娜娜莫的凶手时，彻底激怒了这位他以前的朋友。这导致了2位故友间的战斗，最终以劳班战败并被监禁而告终。
An ending to mark a new beginning... My pain! My longing! You shall have it all!
—— lberd's final words
- Ilberd falls out with Lolorito over Raubahn, wanting to execute the "traitor" to Ala Mhigo. Ilberd and his Crystal Brave followers carry out the deed by taking Raubahn to Halatali. The Warrior of Light, Alphinaud, and Yugiri break into Halatali to stop the execution with Ilberd confronting them in battle alongside Yuyuhase Luluhase and Laurentius Daye. Ilberd sees his opponents know the truth of Nanamo not being dead and tells the Warrior of Light they are both pawns used by others. He falls back while explaining he will do what it takes to see Ala Mhigo restored. Alphinaud disbands the Crystal Braves with Ilberd and his followers labeled wanted criminals.
- lberd joins the Ala Mhigan Resistance under the guise of the Griffin, using a decoy for public speeches to rally the Ala Mhigans at the Sunken Temple of Qarn. After he obtains the eyes of Nidhogg, Ilberd launches an attack against Baelsar's Wall in what first appears to be a means to force the Eorzean Alliance to the border of Gridania should the Garleans' retaliation become an invasion. Ilberd even had resistance members wearing Grand Company uniforms to make it appear that Eorzeans are declaring war before being found and defeated by the Warrior of Light. Having instructed Laurentius to pose as a Garlean soldier and lead a counterattack, Ilberd reveals that he led his followers to slaughter to use their dying faith to summon a primal of pure violent rage whose destruction will dwarf that of Bahamut. Despite Lyse Hext's attempts to stop him, with Nidhogg's eyes on his person, Ilberd commits suicide to complete the summoning ritual, creating Shinryu, which is temporally sealed by Papalymo Totolymo and defeated by Omega.
- Ilberd is mentioned by members of the Ala Mhigan Resistance, stating that the men and women he had convinced to join in his final operation were some of the Ala Mhigan Resistance's best fighters. The loss crippled their fighting strength and morale, with those who remain behind cursing Ilberd's name. His actions forced the Eorzean Alliance to take up arms and assist the Resistance to stave off an eventual retaliation effort from the Garlean Empire and in the process, liberate Ala Mhigo.
- Though Ilberd's plan to use Shinryu to destroy the empire and nearly cause another Calamity did not come to pass, the primal fell into the hands of Zenos yae Galvus, who uses the creature in his final battle with the Warrior of Lights. The viceroy is defeated and the primal destroyed.
- Ilberd later appears in a flashback in his younger years, accompanying Raubahn in Curtis's rally, who talked of liberty and death.
- In the final job quest of the Dark Knight class, Our Compromise, Myste manifests a simulacrum of Ilberd (in his Crystal Braves attire) alongside Livia sas Junius and Rhitahtyn sas Arvina from the Warrior of Light's darker memories, though they are nonchalantly destroyed by the Warrior's Abyssal Drain, not wanting to be weighed down by painful memories of the past.
- 在暗黑骑士的最终任务密斯托会从光之战士更黑暗的记忆中，展现出伊尔伯德（穿着水晶义勇队的服装）与莉维亚·萨斯·尤尼乌斯和里塔提恩·萨斯·阿维纳的幻影，尽管他们被光之战士的“Abyssal Drain”无情地摧毁了，但他还是不想被过去痛苦的回忆所压垮。 中，